Author: jill
•10:12 PM
I did a lot of things this weekend.

I cleaned the entire house. Okay ... I didn't vacuum upstairs. But still, I cleaned almost the entire house.

I baked a pound cake and made vanilla ice cream from scratch. I made scalloped potatoes and homemade macaroni and cheese for our Easter dinner.

I did a little writing.

I fulfilled all Easter Bunny duties.

I watched two movies. Do you have any idea how long it has been since I watched a movie? I took the kids to see How to Train Your Dragon on Saturday. It was great ... well, most of the time. It was a little scary for little girls for awhile, but everyone was happy at the end. And, we all adore Toothless. And Hiccup. You will, too, if you see it.



And then, while fulfilling my Easter Bunny duties, I watched Julie and Julia. It was great and although I knew the premise of the story, but I had no idea how much Julie Powell's story parallels my own. One year to make all the recipes in one book; blogging as she went; trying to figure out who she was. Sound familiar? Except, one time, she got fifty-three comments on her post. My record is three. That's right .... three comments. Oh, well. It's only been a few weeks ... that is what I tell myself anyhow. Plus, I am doing this for myself ... not to see how many comments I can generate. But still ... fifty-three comments ...



I enjoyed some wine ... am really enjoying Pinot Grigio right now.

I ran into a friend at the grocery store and got caught up. Yes, I was one of those annoying women standing in an aisle chatting with a friend I had not seen in awhile. Deal with it.

I was the recipient of a new camera. The Easter Bunny remembered Mommy this year! Well, actually, Mommy repeatedly pointed out sales on cameras to the Easter Bunny and happened to mention a few hundred times that it would really help me out (for my blog, of course) if I had a camera that worked. But, honestly, it was a nice surprise. And, I also installed the necessary software on my computer. So, now I can post a "Wordless Wednesday" post, like all the real bloggers out there.

I enjoyed a fire in the backyard this weekend, too. It has been great weather. This went well with the Pinot Grigio mentioned earlier.

But the one thing that I did not do this weekend .... was read. Ugh.
This entry was posted on 10:12 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On April 4, 2010 at 11:25 PM , Mom said...

I'm tired out just reading all you accomplished in one week-end ----with 3 kids at home I might add. Good grief, child ---you are way too hard on yourself!! A day or two off from reading is probably good medicine. Really enjoyed our Easter Day with you guys and all your yummy contriutions to our family dinner. Love you all!