Author: jill
•6:51 PM
There is a reason the Jones' do not enjoy gardening.

For us, gardening is something that we have to do. Cutting the grass, trimming the bushes, watering, fertilizing ... these are things we do because we have to, not because we enjoy them.

And often when we do these things, something goes wrong. Once, after gardening, I pulled the muscles in my back and was horizontal for a week ... a week of vacation. Ugh. I have over-trimmed those aforementioned bushes. I have forgotten to water planters ... I have over-watered planters. I have neglected to even put in planters.

Today, Jonesy did some gardening. He cut our Cable wire trying to dig up some weeds. I know what you are thinking ... you are shocked that we would have weeds. But, we do. Well, not any more because he dug them up ... along with our Cable wire.

So, we are now without technology ... no television, no land line phone service, no Internet. It could be sort of freeing ... but not on the twenty-nineth day of a personal goal to blog every day for an entire month. This, my friends, is life with the Jones'. Nothing is easy. Nothing.

But Jonesy came to the rescue, as he usually does in emergencies. Because this was an emergency for me. I wanted to meet my goal ... I just wanted to meet one goal I had set for myself. Jonesy suggested that we go out for supper, to a restaurant that offered free WiFi.

Now do you see why I married him? Working toward my goal and not having to cook supper. This whole "cutting the Cable" thing has definitely worked out to be in my favour.

So, as I type this, the Jones family is enjoying a not very relaxing supper at Bubi's Awesome Eats. Jonesy is trying to entertain the kids by counting as fast as he can. The waitress keeps looking at us with that "Don't-Your-Kids-Need-to-Get-Home-to-Bed" look. Not until I get this post done, lady. Not. Until. This. Post. Is. Done.

In the meantime, there will be no more gardening for Jonesy until May 1st ... which will be fine with him, I'm sure.
This entry was posted on 6:51 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On April 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM , Mom said...

Well, Jill ----where there's a will, there's a way! You obviously weren't able to get one of those connectors (or did you decide that going out for dinner sounded like a better idea?)LOL Anyway you and the kids will all have lots of time to read tonight for sure!!