Author: jill
•10:44 AM
I finally have an assignment. I must write about that which I am passionate.

For me, this is easy … words. That’s right, I have a passion for words – to say them, to read them, and especially, to write them. I strive to find just the right one that perfectly conveys the message, the thought, the feeling, the idea.

Words are really powerful, and once used, they cannot be un-said or un-read; so they must be used with caution. Words teach me things and they help me to teach others what I have learned.

I bet you never thought that much about words, did you?

I say words a lot. I always have. When I was in elementary school, you would often find my name written on the chalkboard under the heading, Chatterboxes. I’m chatty, what can I say? I say words to empathize, to instruct, to vent, to disclose. I say a lot of words a lot of the time.

Reading words has been a passion since I was a little girl. My Dad likes to joke that I missed out on many family vacations because I had my head buried in a book. I read words to learn new things and for entertainment, and sometimes, I get so lost in them, I forget about everything else. Now I am reading the words in one hundred books in one year … and I am often lost in them.

I write words to express myself because people get bored always listening to my words … so I write them down instead. Writing words can convey feelings, memories, thoughts, ideas and sometimes it is scary to put yourself out there, kind of nakedly, for others to see. But, it’s a chance I’m willing to take.

I am passionate about words.


This post was written in application for Mabel's Labels BlogHer '10 Contest.
If you would like to read about my panic-stricken anxiety attack following this application, click here for Crazy with Passion ...
Check out some of the other entries ... click here
This entry was posted on 10:44 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On March 4, 2010 at 11:28 AM , Mom said...

Good luck, Jill!!

 
On March 9, 2010 at 4:33 PM , Janna said...

Really nice entry! You expressed yourself well!

 
On March 17, 2010 at 5:36 AM , Anonymous said...

Dear Jill, I still read your blogs and getting more and more interested in your vieuw. Sometimes you change my point of vieuw completely! Altough I'm not very good in writing English, I mostly understand what you mean. I'm reading the Lovely bones at the moment and I can hardly wait for your comment at that book! Grietje