Author: jill
•9:22 PM

Today, March 20th, is the first day of Spring.

It is the beginning of a new season. It is a re-birth, in many respects. The life cycle begins again. A renewal.

Spring makes me feel fresh and alive with new ideas and motivations. I always get this same feeling at the beginning of a new season. I always check out the new fashions, maybe a new purse, new shoes ...


... maybe I'll stick with my flip-flops ...

Spring brings a desire to clean ... clean out the wintery cobwebs and dust. Martha has a whole checklist for you ... just so you don't forget anything. Because you do not want to ignore your tile grout or specially dusting your books. This should not be a problem for me since all my books are being used right now.

If you read my blog regularly, it should come as no surprise to you that, this spring, I have started to think about what kinds of vegetables I would like to grow in our garden this year. Marnie wants to grow strawberries and cucumbers. Doesn't it take a few years to establish a strawberry plant? Plus, there are some very excellent strawberry farms in the area and we could go there to pick our own. We'll see ... I'm going to have to work on that one ... Addison wants tomatoes and carrots ... both do-able. Marnie is an excellent gardener ... she helped her Dad plant all the seeds last year; and she was very eager to dedicate some time to weeding and watering. Caiden ... well, let's just say that he enjoys the fruits of everyone else's labours. He likes the salsa that the tomatoes and hot peppers make; he is very proud of our garden and enjoys telling others about it.

Jonesy has plans for a compost pile this year. We used to have one ... before we moved to Windsor ... before we had kids. I loved it because it felt like we were really making use of things that were otherwise wasted. But there is an art to taking care of it properly, so I'm hoping he knows all the instructions.

There are things I would like to paint, there are things I would like to plant, there are things I would like to sew. But there are things I have to read, too. And write.

Spring has sprung and so has my imagination. Lots of ideas for writing, lots of things to cook, lots of things to create ...

What are you doing at your house?
This entry was posted on 9:22 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On March 24, 2010 at 9:06 AM , annette said...

I always say I'm going to plant a garden but then I never do. Baseball takes over our lives starting in April until September. I really want to fix up my front landscaping though. Our yard is the gathering place for the neighbourhood kids (even when we're not home). It's a wiffle ball field, pitching mound disaster of a front yard. So maybe if fix it up a little bit they won't trample my hostas!!