Author: jill
•9:33 PM
 I have a confession to make ... I look forward to natural disasters.

That's right ... bring on a good hurricane, or an oil spill, or a tsunami, or whatever other natural disaster you can think of.

Because it means that my Anderson Cooper will be reporting LIVE from the scene in his (tight, black) t-shirts.

We were discussing it the other night and apparently, my Dad has a problem with this. I do not. Let me repeat that for you ... I do not. My Dad is convinced that Anderson buys his t-shirts one size too small - on purpose. What I think ... is that my Dad's heart is one size too small.

I say this in jest, because Anderson does not wear the t-shirt one size too small in an effort to make us ladies watch him (don't pretend you don't) ... he is a serious news reporter. If I were him ... along the Gulf coast/in a hurricane ... suffering in the high humidity ... and the heat ... I would wear the t-shirts as well. Maybe not one size too small, but I'd wear one.

You should know that I fell in love with Anderson Cooper long before he started wearing tight t-shirts that accentuated his bicepts.  What? Didn't I mention the bicepts? Well, they are there ... but that is not why I love him. I have loved him for a couple of years now; actually from the moment I started to read his memoire ... Dispatches From the Edge. It is a very touching story, reminiscing about stories from his early days as a reporter in the Congo and Ruwanda. Anderson writes about his father death when he was just ten years old and the fact that he never really got over it ... the pain and missing his Dad, that is. He also writes (frankly) about his brother's suicide. It is raw and emotional and honest. If you are looking for an interesting read while lounging at the beach/cottage, and you enjoy biographies/true stories, pick this book up. You will not be disappointed.

So, I will continue to keep on top of all naturally occurring disasters, in the hopes that he'll be there, reporting the latest news. I'll continue to love him for the person he is on the inside ... the caring, emotional, lost man that he is. Not the man who wears tight t-shirts on the news. But, if he wants to wear them, that's okay with me, too.

Image found at http://www.honeymag.com/
This entry was posted on 9:33 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On July 7, 2010 at 10:08 PM , Aunt Lynda said...

Yes I love Anderson Cooper too even though most of the world considers him to be gay. I love to listen to what he has to say, even if it's a topic I'm not particularly interested in. He is the type of person I'd like to have as a friend. I loved his predecessor Aaron Brown who was so calming during 911.
Hope this doesn't post twice! Having problems getting it to 'take'.

 
On July 7, 2010 at 10:39 PM , Mom said...

We all love AC (and his black tight T-shirts) --- but I wonder what ever happened to Aaron Brown? It's like he dropped off the face of the earth. He wasn't the sexy type but he seemed like "a nice man".

 
On July 8, 2010 at 7:30 AM , Aunt Lynda said...

I just re-read what I wrote. Makes it sound like there is something 'wrong' about being gay. I didn't say that very well!

According to Wikipedia which apparently knows everything there is to know: "He is currently the anchor of the PBS documentary series Wide Angle, the host of public radio program The Aaron Brown Show and an instructor at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University."