Author: jill
•7:30 PM
Have you ever just had one of those days? Like, the kind of day that no matter what you touch, it becomes a problem? I don't like today. Today was one of those days.

It's not that anything terribly terrible happened. It's just that today happened at all. Every single thing I did seemed to turn into an ordeal. This post, for instance, has taken three times to complete. Blogger seems to be f-ing me over ... but that's not everything. Addison has thrown several temper tantrums today over food; ice cubes have fallen to the floor and shattered into a thousand pieces never to be found; the gross leftover bits of food and ketchup fell on the floor instead of going straight into the garbage; the batteries kept falling out of the stupid remote for the VCR; I forgot there was one last load of clothes in the dryer, so now they are all extra wrinkley; Jonesy went out of town; Addie keeps playing a very annoying music.

See? Nothing really life shattering ... just a bunch of super annoying shit.

To get through this type of day, I turn to the sure thing. Yummy sugary treats. This is wrong ... but sometimes in a lady's life it just has to be this way. So, I thought I would share my favourites.





Cookies ... I love, love cookies. There is nothing like a warm cookie fresh from the oven. Crispy around the edges and ooey-gooey in the middle. Oooh ... I just love all cookies.



Chocolate is pretty much a staple in life, isn't it? I do not know any person - big or small - who does not like chocolate. And, sometimes, you just need it. The new favourite at our house is the Chocolate Fondue. And since we eat it with fruit, I don't know how it could be considered anthing other than healthy.


This is my new favourite cake ... well, actually it is a semolina pudding. But, trust me, it's cake. It is make with toasted coconut, yogurt and semolina flour; and, it is soooooo moist and yummy. I like to serve it with some kind of chocolate sauce and fruit puree. However, I had some heavy cream left over from the Mother's Day festivities, so I whipped it up and dolloped some on top. Fancy, huh? I was going to share the recipe, but since Blogger is giving me a hard time, I'll save it for another day.



Okay, I know. Biscotti are technically a cookie. But I love them so much that they deserve special mention. And, I have only recently re-discovered them. There was a time when I made them all the time ... many many batches at Christmas time. But then, children came around and chocolate chip seems to be a priority amongst them. I baked some Biscotti the day I went into labour with Caiden ... that was my first clue that there was something wrong with me. I completely ruined them ... they were absolutely disgusting - if a cookie can actually be disgusting. And, I had made them so many times that there was no way that I didn't have the technique down ... something was terribly wrong. It turned out that my baby would be born 9 weeks premature ... so obviously my body was not working properly that day. But don't let that stop you from making your own biscotti ... they are low in sugar, crunchy, yummy.


But not today, because today is one of those days. So I burned them. In times like these, I have to rely on my other friend ... the one that never lets me down. Big Bottle of Wine.

Editorial Comment: Blogger will not let me centre this post properly. And I have invested several minutes, over several occasions today trying to get this entry posted. And so, just out of spite, I am going to post it ... even if it looks ridiculous.

This entry was posted on 7:30 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On May 12, 2010 at 10:46 PM , Mom said...

Your blog looks fine to me ----- as do those yummy treats. If the wine didn't help, try a margarita next time. lol